If you’re looking to get into shape postpartum, it’s likely you’ve come across the Venus Factor at some point or another. It is advertised as a nutrition and workout plan specifically designed for women to help them lose weight and transform their body. However, is the Venus Factor a scam? Does it work and can women really see real results with it?
What’s different about the Venus Factor, is that it uses a set of formulas to calculate what your ideal body would look like then gives you a set of guidelines to attain your ideal body. It doesn’t focus solely on weight loss and gaining muscle.
When I first heard of it, I thought the premise behind it was very unique and promising. We all know that, for the most part, men seem to have an easier time losing weight than women do, but what if it’s because we’re trying to use the same solutions and we aren’t catering our workout and diet plan to our unique bodies to maximize the results we could get.
It makes complete sense to use a diet and workout plan that works in line with your body’s hormones to achieve results. Hormonal imbalance has long been known to be a leading cause in weight gain for both men and women.
With this in mind, let’s look at the Venus Factor to see how it addresses these issues. To jump ahead to a specific section click one of the following:
- What is the Venus Factor
- How to Calculate Your Venus Index (Your Body’s Ideal Shape)
- Who is John Barban…and Why is He Designing a Workout System for Women?
- Is There an Alternative for Men?
- What Does it Cost and What Are You Getting?
- The Best and the Worst of the Venus Factor
- What if You Don’t See Results?
- Is the Venus Factor A Scam?
The Venus Factor is a 12-Week Diet & Workout Program created by fitness expert John Barban. It is designed specifically for women to to give them an aesthetically pleasing body with the hourglass figure so many of us are trying to attain.
It does this with a plan designed to work with a woman’s metabolism so she can burn more calories and support release of the hormone leptin (often called the obesity/fat hormone) which has been proven to be related to, you guessed it, obesity.
The exercises in this program were specifically chosen to work with the female body to burn fat and build muscle without causing you to bulk up. They target areas like your shoulders, arms, legs, butt, and stomach where fat tends to build up and build muscle that will burn the fat off. Just 1 pound of muscle burns at least 50 extra calories every day!
To start with, the introduction manual takes you through the process of calculating your body’s Venus Index to determine if you need to lose weight or gain weight in each area to make your body look more aesthetically pleasing.
The Venus Index is a set of formulas used to calculate your body’s ideal shape depending on your height. It includes:
- Height-to-Waist Ratio: Ideally your waist should be 38% of your height in inches.
- Waist to Shoulder Ratio: Your shoulder circumference should be (your ideal waist number * 1.618)
- Waist to Hip Ratio: Your ideal hip size is (1.42* your ideal waist size)
Using the formulas given above, I could calculate my own ideal shape as follows. My height is 5 feet 3 inches (yes, I
know I’m short).
Ideal waist size:
(63 inches * 0.38) = 23.94 inches
Ideal shoulder circumference:
(1.618 * 23.94) = 38.73 inches
Ideal hip size:
(1.42 *23.94) = 33.99 inches
Once you have your body’s ideal shape, you should compare it where you are currently. You can then use the manual to create a customized workout and diet plan for you to help you target the areas of your body that need work. The program outlines exactly how many calories you should eat throughout the day, what types of foods should make up those calories, and when you should eat them to maximize your results.
John Barban has been working in the fitness industry for over a decade. He’s an expert in Biology, Nutrition, and Physiology and has worked as an instructor in these areas at the University of Florida.
John developed the Venus Factor after trying to work with his sister to help her lose weight and failing. He noticed that what worked great for him, didn’t work much for her and spent a lot of time researching the differences between a female body’s response to diet and exercise and a male’s.
The result is two separate programs, one for women, another for men, designed to work specifically for each of their counterparts to work in line with the bodies natural hormones to get real results.
With these programs, thousands of people have been successful in sculpting their ideal, aesthetically pleasing, bodies. Using the Venus Factor, women have been able to get the ideal hourglass shape that’s been coveted for so many years!
The Venus Factor really is built to work specifically with a woman and
her natural hormones. It isn’t meant to be used by men and could very likely cause a hormonal imbalance that results in weight gain if men were to use it.
There is another option however. John Barban also created a counterpart that is designed instead for men to help them get their body into the most ideal shape possible. The counterpart is called the Adonis Golden Ratio Program. Just like the Venus Factor, it puts real numbers to what an aesthetically pleasing body looks like for a male!
After reading about the Venus Factor and seeing everything that comes with it, I expected it to be pretty expensive. I was sure it’d be something along the lines of 3 easy payments of $20 but found instead that it’s a one time payment of $37. A very fair price considering you get all of the following!
- The Venus Factor Manual: All the information you need to understand how the program works and create a customized diet and weight loss plan to help you reach your goals
- Venus Factor Virtual Nutritionist Software: A program that allows you to enter your personal details about your body type that creates a set of customized diet plans just for you. (Probably one of my favorite parts!)
- 12 Week Workout Program: A step by step program to help you attain your ideal body shape. It comes in both a manual PDF form portraying each exercise and as videos taking you through the workout if you need more guidance ( I wish all exercise plans had both!).
- 143 Coaching Lessons: These teach you the proper form to use for each exercise included in the program.
- Access to the Venus Immersion Community: A community filled with other women who are currently going through the Venus Factor or have been successful with it. It’s a place you can go to if you need motivation to continue or help with a certain aspect of the program. You can also find reviews detailing the results people have gotten with it to see that, no it’s not a scam. People are getting real results.
- The price! With everything it does for you, I expected it to cost a pretty penny. However it comes in as a one time payment of $37!
- Clear Cut GOALS: Have you ever heard that those who fail to set goals are several times more likely to fail in the end? How can you get somewhere if you don’t know where you want to be? It’s not enough to say, “I want to lose weight!” Or “I want to lose body fat!”. Instead, you can use your ideal Venus Index to identify exactly where you want to be with each area of your body when you’re done with the program.
- Exercise at Home: The entire program can be done in your own home. As a mom, it’s very hard to find a time to go to the gym, so I really love workout plans that don’t require me to go anywhere.
- Workouts are only 3 Days a Week: This is huge plus for those of us that don’t have time to commit 6 days a week.
- It’s an Instant Download: Instead of waiting for it to be shipped to your house, you get an instant download with a PDF of the workout/diet manuals and exercise videos.
- The 12 Week Plan has a manual to go with the videos: I think this is a huge benefit because I’ve noticed myself that whenever I’ve gotten into any exercise program, I reach a point where I don’t really need the video to see how to perform the exercises and it takes more time to watch the video because each exercise comes with an explanation for beginners. Having a manual version that lists (and depicts) each exercise would allow me to just turn on my music and start going without any distractions!
- Customized Diet Creator: This is an application that actually creates a diet plan specifically for you based on the information you provide about your body type. The customized diet plan tells you which foods to eat and how much you should eat to stay within your daily limit. Honestly, I’d pay the $37 just for this! Not a single other program I’ve seen out there will do this for you and this is where I’ve failed so many times in the past!
- No Supplements or Diet Pills! Most programs will include diet pills or weight loss supplements you’re supposed to take throughout the program. I always worry about what’s in these and how healthy they really are for my body so I think it’s great the Venus Factor leaves these out!
- Not a Lose Weight Quick Program: If you’re looking to just lose weight or body fat real quickly, this probably isn’t the program for you. It takes a little more time, because it aims to sculpt each part of your body to match your personal Venus Index. (If you’re looking for quick fat loss, there is another option that will allow you to lose 12-23 lbs of body fat in just 21 days!)
- Requires Equipment: You need additional equipment to use this program. It is just basic exercise equipment that hopefully you’ll have already, but if you don’t, it’s a very worthwhile investment!
- Barbell (and weights to go with it)
- Exercise Mat
- Workout Bench
If you follow the guidelines for the workout and nutrition plan, you should be able to get the results you’re aiming for. If you don’t though, or you’re just unhappy with the program and don’t feel like it’s meeting your needs, there is a 60 day moneyback guarantee.
You don’t have to give a reason why you didn’t like it. Just make sure to make your request within 60 days of your purchase. It’s not likely you’ll need this, but in case you do, it’s there.
I hope you’ll agree with me when I say the Venus Factor is not a scam. It’s a very unique program catered to help women not just lose weight, but get their ideal body shape. Instead of obsessing over weight loss to just lose overall body fat, it helps you to determine which areas of your body need work.
By identifying where your body needs work and setting your goals to match your body’s venus index, you have a clear cut path to help you get there. It includes a specialized nutrition plan that takes advantage of the hormones in your body pertaining to weight loss/gain so that you can get the best, most ideal results!
What do you think of the Venus Factor? Have you tried it out? Let me know by leaving a comment below! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask; I do answer all of them!