It’s hard for anyone to lose body fat. After a baby, it seems like it ten times harder. It often feels like those saddlebags and thunder thighs are there for the long haul.
I first looked into the 3 Week Diet System because it’s supposed to help you lose 12-23 pounds of body fat in only 21 days! To me that sounded like a dream.
After every one of my kids, I built up a little more body fat (ok maybe more than a little). No matter how hard I tried, it just wouldn’t come off. I exercised intensely and of course I’d tried dieting, but it made it impossible for me to think, I was always starving, and it never lasted long because who wants to never be able to eat the foods they enjoy?
When I first heard about the 3 Week Diet, I thought it was just another one of those diets that come and go but never really work. I’ve tried my fair share of failed diets.
However, as I read more about it, I knew there was something different about this one. It was very clear the 3 Week Diet wasn’t like other diets I’ve tried.
Before I get into it, please keep in mind that while I think this diet is an excellent option for mothers to use after they have a baby, it should only be used after you’ve finished nursing if you’ve decided to feed your baby breast milk. You should never go on a diet to lose weight quickly while you’re nursing.
My Experience with the 3 Week Diet
Upon finishing this diet, I was stunned to find I’d lost 16 pounds! I actually weighed less when I was done than I did a year before I had my first son.
If you follow the guidelines given in the program I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by your results.
This is, without a doubt, something I’ll be coming back to in the future if I have more kids and need help losing the baby weight.
In the months since I tried this diet I’ve been urging my mother to give it a try. She’s told me more times than I can count that she needs to lose 45 pounds and doesn’t know how to do it because exercise and the diets she’s tried in the past just haven’t worked.
Finally, the beginning of the second week in June she started it. Two weeks into it, she lost 10 pounds on it and agreed that she felt much better on this diet than she has on others she’s tried in the past.
If you’re interested I’ve included tips to help you be successful on this diet at the end.
The 3 Week Diet System Is Designed to do the Following
When you purchase this system, you’re going to get 4 manuals that will be the keys to your success.
- Introduction Manual: This manual starts out explaining how people get fat and what needs to be done if they want to lose weight quickly. It describes the types of foods you’ll need to eat throughout the plan so that you can guarantee your success.
- Diet Manual: Teaches you how to calculate what your body’s fat percentage is as well as lean body mass. Based on where you’re at, the diet manual tells you where you should start to have the greatest results. Everybody is different, so the solution for each person should be different as well. You’ll see explanations for each of the following:
- What Should You Eat
- How Much Should You Eat of Those Foods
- When Should You Eat?
- How can you maintain your weight for the rest of your life?
- Workout Manual: A set of guidelines you can use that will force your body to let go of the body fat it’s storing and break it down to be used for energy. The workouts aren’t long and drawn out. Instead they’re short, 15-20 minute, intense routines that are very effective in burning fat. The manual also includes an excellent Ab Workout that’ll give you exactly what you need to flatten your stomach and get more defined abdominal muscles in a very short amount of time.
- Mindset & Motivation Manual: A manual full of tips and tools you can use to manage your weight and stay motivated throughout the plan. Many diets fail because people lose their motivation to keep going.
Who Created the 3-Week Diet?
Brian Flatt, a personal trainer and sports nutritionist who has been a part of the fitness and diet industry since 1999. He’s both an author and a motivational speaker to help people take control of their lives and their weight.
5 Reasons People Fail to Lose Weight
Most people struggle to lose weight. You try diet after diet but, because you don’t understand the source of the fat buildup, you don’t know how to address it. Here are 5 reasons why you might not be losing weight.
- Your’re getting false information about how the body gains and loses weight.
- You have cellular inflammation – If we can take care of cellular inflammation, we can increase our body’s ability to lose weight, burn fat, keep it from coming back, and increase our metabolism
- You’re using the typical eat less, exercise more guidelines that go with counting calories – The reality is that not all calories in your body are treated equally. Some make us fat, others make so our body can’t burn fat, and some actually force your body to burn fat
- You don’t have access to a step-by-step set of guidelines that are easy to follow
- When you don’t see results fast, you jump to the next diet hoping one of them will eventually work
The 3 Week Diet addresses all 5 of these common problems and focuses on getting your body into a state where it is constantly burning body fat.
I’m sure you’ve heard with other diets you’ve tried that, the reason you lose weight slowly, is because it’s dangerous to lose a lot of weight too fast. The truth is, if it’s done correctly, then it’s not dangerous to lose that much weight in just 3 weeks.
On this diet, you can lose weight quickly while still giving your body everything it needs.
Also, you’ll notice that when people discuss the dangers of losing weight quickly, it’s really the method for losing weight that is being discussed. If you’re starving yourself and losing weight fast, then yes, it is dangerous.
What Makes the 3 Week Diet Different Than Others?
Unlike most diets you’ll see out there, the 3 Week Diet targets stored body fat. Other diets use the typical eat less exercise more mantra and are designed to target only the new fats from the foods you eat today. They do work, albeit slowly, because you’re likely not adding any additional fat to your body and you’re exercising strenuously.
Your body has to find some way to use the stored fat but, it does so grudgingly and very slowly resulting in gradual weight loss.
To contrast that, the 3 Week Diet is designed to prevent your body from storing new fat as well as burning the stubborn body fat you already have. It works by maximizes the number of hours during the day that your body is burning stored fat.
It provides you with the nutrients your body needs to function and stay healthy and removes the others that prevent or slow down the burning of old fat.
The 3 Week Diet takes into account your body’s hormones and the role they have in your ability to lose weight and burn fat. It is a step by step set of guidelines that tells you what you should eat, how much you should eat, and when to eat it.
Money Back Guarantee
If you follow the diet and don’t lose at least 12 pounds, or you’re just not happy with your results, you can ask for a refund and you’ll get one, no questions asked.
It’s very easy to customize this diet to fit your individual needs.
I did hit a couple bumps. The biggest change I made was moving my workout to the morning instead of at noon.
I’m a mother with a full time job and it just wasn’t feasible for me to get my workout in just before noon, so I did it in the morning instead and shifted up everything that comes after the workout by a couple hours.
1. Make Sure You Eat Exactly When it Says To
I was very surprised to find I wasn’t starving on this diet even though I wasn’t eating as much as I usually do. I actually found that I wasn’t always hungry when it was time to eat so I tried skipping a couple meals thinking it would speed up the weight loss.
I did lose weight, but the cost was the next day I was very tired and hungry. It was much harder to stick to the diet, and I started to feel like I was on other diets I’d been on. When I did eat every time the instructions said to, I felt great and my mind was clear.
The diet is set up to make sure your body gets the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. The easiest way to get through it is to just follow all the instructions. Don’t try to find a faster way to lose the weight, you’re already going to be losing it at an incredible rate.
2. Get Your Sleep
The workouts you do are quick intervals. Make sure you’re getting your sleep so that your body can use that time to build up muscles, burn fat, and create a healthier you.
3. Don’t Exercise More than the Diet Outlines
This doesn’t include as much exercise as I thought it would. In between every single session, you have a day of rest because you’re getting in a full body workout and your body needs time to recover.
Every other diet I’ve tried includes an hour of exercise 6 days a week and I didn’t come close to losing as much weight on those as I did with this diet.
Make sure when it says to eat, you eat. When it says to exercise, exercise. It really is built on the science of how your body works and responds to food and exercise.
Is This Weight Loss Sustainable
This question is more important than how much weight I lost on it. It’s very typical for people to go on a diet and, once it’s done, regain all the weight they lost within a few short weeks. I know the weight loss I’ve seen on this diet is sustainable because it has changed the way I view things and made me aware of what is necessary to burn stored fat and keep it off.
I’ve made quite a few permanent changes to my diet and lifestyle routines because of what I learned while on this diet.
Once the diet is over, you’re given a set of guidelines to follow so that you can sustain the weight loss but don’t continue to lose weight in the process. A diet that results in you perpetually losing weight is never good.
My Final Opinion and Why I Know You Can Succeed On This Diet
To sum it up, the 3 Week Diet gives your body exactly what it needs to be healthy, build muscle, and BURN FAT. I’m not saying it’s easy, but the reason people have been so successful with it is because they have a step by step guide and they see their results every time they step on the scale.
Anytime I wondered myself about cheating on the diet, I looked at my problem areas, I saw the success I’d already had, I pictured how I want my problem areas to look, and I kept going. I told myself if I can’t do it for just 21 days I should plan on having those problem areas forever because nothing else will work that quickly.
If you find yourself having a hard time as you go through it, Brian’s Motivational Manual has dozens of great ways to help you stay motivated and keep going. You can also leave me a comment and ask me for help if you have questions. It’s only been a couple days and my mother has already called me almost a dozen times to make sure she’s following it right 🙂
Visualize your goal. What is being 20 pounds lighter going to do for you?
If you do decide to try it, I’d love if you came back and let me know how it went for you!
I wish you the best of luck!
Latest posts by Jessica Camden (see all)
- Make Breastfeeding Your Newborn Easier with these Essentials - March 5, 2017
- Postpartum Afterpains – What Are They & What Can You Do! - December 5, 2016
- What is the Best Postpartum Shapewear that Works? - November 23, 2016